This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineYourCereal #CollectiveBias
Who doesn’t love cereal bars? No bake Apple Jacks Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars are a delicious and imaginative way to enjoy your cereal.
Everyone knows that toddlers crave independence. They want to do everything by themselves. When Annabelle started eating cereal she thought she could do it all on her own – which if you know anything about toddlers you know they coordination is not the best. Plus, a large box of cereal and heavy milk carton can be a disaster waiting to happen. She knows that she isn’t allowed to get her own bowl of cereal, but when we are headed out somewhere and she wants to bring it in the car, a battle ensues. There are few meals she can eat on the go and cereal is not one of them.
I came up with a great way for Annabelle to enjoy cereal on the road – no bake cereal bars! They are not too messy, fun-sized, and can be tossed in her snack bag. One of my favorite combinations for a no bake cereal bar is with Apple Jacks, peanut butter, and marshmallows. I buy the 17oz box of Apple Jacks from Target is that there’s more than enough cereal in one box to make the bars and still have a few bowls of cereal afterwards.
1.Simply melt ½ cup peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter in a covered microwave safe bowl.
2. Add a bag of tiny marshmallows to the peanut butter mix. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix, then microwave for 30 seconds more.
3. Fold the melted marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter into a large bowl of Apple Jacks.
4. Pour the cereal mixture into an 8×8 baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten the mixture evenly around the pan. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, freeze for 30 minutes or until the mixture has hardened enough to cut it into pieces.
These Apple Jacks Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars are sweet, cinnamon-y, and absolutely delicious. Cereal bars should be stored in parchment paper in an airtight container to maintain their chewiness. My whole family is so obsessed with these no bake cereal bars that we may or may not be able to eat an entire pan in one weekend.
- 8 cups dry cereal
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 c smooth peanut butter
- Simply melt ½ cup peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter in a covered microwave safe bowl.
- Add a bag of tiny marshmallows to the peanut butter mix. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix, then microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Fold the melted marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter into a large bowl of Apple Jacks.
- Pour the cereal mixture into an 8×8 baking pan coated with non-stick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Gently flatten the mixture evenly around the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour/freeze for 30 minutes or until the mixture has hardened enough to cut it into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container, layered on parchment paper.
My recipe is super easy and you can actually switch out the Apple Jacks for your favorite Kellogg’s cereal. There are so many different varieties you can use to make cereal bars! We are a huge fan of Froot Loops mixed with peanut butter and marshmallow too. SO delicious!
You can find Kellogg’s cereal – our favorite Apple Jacks – at Target stores. Right now, the large sized Kellogg cereals can be found at a price of $2.99 both in-store at Target and online at Target.
You can find more delicious Kellogg cereal inspiration here.