This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OurCaringHands #SoftsoapTouch #CollectiveBias
Making salt dough hearts are the perfect gift to give anyone, like grandparents, this year. It is the first year the grandparents will have TWO granddaughters since Ailey was born last August. I want to commemorate this time in the girls’ lives and their handprints will be in the center of the salt dough hearts. While making these hearts, I told Annabelle the heart doesn’t have to be a perfect shape because it’s made with love.
1 cup flour
1 cup salt
1/2 cup water
1.Preheat oven to 300 F. ‘
2. Mix salt, flour, and water together with a spatula.
3. Use your hands to knead the dough and form into a ball. (If you are making two handprint hearts, separate the dough into two balls. This recipe makes enough for two small child size hearts, or one large heart).
4. Roll dough onto parchment paper. Mold into a heart shape.
5. Press your child’s hand into the dough. (TIP: If you’re doing this with really little ones, you may have to go back and make deeper impressions of their hands with your fingers because you want the impression to be noticeable).
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Personalize with paint, permanent marker, or just leave it au natural.
Making salt dough ornaments is a messy job that requires lots of hand washing. Salt can dry out your skin, so having SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ is the best way to lock in moisture. I always keep hand wash plus lotion by the kitchen sink, and the indulgent Shea & Cocoa Butter scent is my favorite.
Annabelle prefers the Orchid & Coconut Milk plus lotion because it is pink of course. Whichever scent you choose is proven to hydrate and will leave you with irresistibly soft smooth skin.
Hand washing is so important in our household, especially when we are making handmade gifts for our loved ones. I truly love having SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ to hydrate not only my hands, but my little ones’ hands too.
You can find SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ in Target stores where the liquid hand soap is found. It’s extremely easy to find right now and there are three incredible scents available.
Making handprint salt dough hearts is a fun activity you can do with your children any day using items right in your kitchen.